Monday, October 5, 2015

4 Web Hunt

I do believe you should use the internet to support student research. To do research there are many sources that we can use, but the internet is an effective way to gain knowledge about them. For example books in the library can be accessed through the library database. To do student research the internet is useful when it provides access to websites that end in “.org” or “.edu”. While doing student research it is not useful when the sites aren’t reliable, because that makes it difficult to properly cite the sources. I have searched for internet-based resources using the search engine Google or Bing. When the results come back I sort it by seeing how current the sources are.

I have gained skills that require me to pay more attention to the small detail when looking for things on the web. Before taking part in the web hunt initially I would scurry past site only looking if it has keywords based on what I searched. Now after doing a web hunt assignment I have learned that every website can contribute to what a person searched. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the web address for reliability is a great first start to web source evaluation. (ex. edu, .org). Good idea.

    ReplyDelete