Monday, October 12, 2015

5 Technological Skills

I believe that some parts of social media are useful in the classroom and it could support teacher professional development. In the podcast twitter was mentioned and although it is a social media site, it can also be used for educational purposes.
I choose the website Scribd, and this website allows a free trial for 14 days to any users. So basically it is a site that allows people that use it to publish, discover, and discuss authentic writing in a document version in many different languages. When entering upon the website it has the option of previewing books at the bottom before sign up, so users could get a feel of it. This section breaks the books down into categories such as sci-fi, fantasy, etc so the readers can really get in depth with what’s going on.
At the bottom of the website there is an overview that leads into the next section. This section breaks into different categories such as Comics, audio books, romance, etc. I have used this website before and I find it very useful to people who love technology and reading at the same time. It has been perfectly infused together in the best way. https://www.scribd.com/

The concept mapping assignment has helped me gain skills that require me to pay attention to small detail. Creating a diagram from scratch was fairly difficult because even though it is an assignment it is still important to make something that is appealing to the eye with colors, shapes, etc. I decided to get a template that was already created in one of the folders and to continue building on it. With this idea it was really helpful because I did not have to create a diagram from scratch. What I liked about this assignment was that it challenged me to be creative and I am not a creative artist. What I believe can be changed is just the program because I did not like it and it was difficult getting it to pull up on my computer. In my future career I can apply this to small assignments for the class for like presentations or study guides. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the templates are the way to go with webspiration!

    ReplyDelete