Monday, September 28, 2015

3 Visual Learning with Technology


I have chosen to do my visual critique of a website abc website that features the show Scandal. Last week we learned a little bit about this tool, and how it can be affective in the classroom. The graphics on this site were very visual featuring the main celebrities in the show.
http://abc.go.com/shows/scandal
Based on chapter 9, I would like to use Edmodo with my students. Just as we did in class I would want to have assignments that are about each digital citizenship concept that the students should know about. The age range of my students would be from 13-18. Based on the newsletter assignment I learned that educators have a quick and easy way to send out information to more than one student at a time. Initially when I received newsletter assignments when I was in primary school, I thought the head faculty staff of the designated department made the letters and sent them out to each teacher. The assignment taught me how to use different features of Microsoft word that I have not used before such as columns, mail merging, and inserting and editing graphics. Overall I liked the assignment because I got the opportunity to learn something new about working with technology. What I did not like about the assignment is it took a lot of time and the features were too complex to figure out.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Edmodo. Although I used it in a topical manner, some teachers use it for all subjects throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete