Monday, November 16, 2015

Power point interaction-Blog 10

With this week’s power point interaction assignment I have learned how to link slides together through a hyperlink. My game was the "Jeopardy" game and the slides with the categories were linked to the slide with the questions, and the slides with the questions were linked to the answers, and the answers slide linked back to the categories slide. I like that I learned how to add sounds to the slide and make the presentation seem like a real game show. I don’t have any parts of this assignment that I disliked or that I think could be improved, because this was a pretty simple assignment. In my future career I would be able to use the skills that I learned about here to make better power point presentations.


As a 12th grade History teacher I would use questionnaire’s to find out what students know about history. The point of this would be to pick up the ball where the student’s last history teacher left off. 12th grade history courses are typically American government, so I will ask questions that aren’t basic knowledge about American history.

From reviewing my classmate’s blogs I think the ideas for “ways you might achieve your future educational technology-related goals”, were interesting. Some were talking about ways to incorporate their goals into the classroom like me, and some presented an outline of how they were going to do it.

I would like to learn how to incorporate what is showing on television into the classroom. Students like me get bored with some of the content that is presented to them. So if you incorporate what students find interesting with learning I think that would be a great way to get students to learn.

I would be able to achieve my future education technology-related goals by carrying out the things that I learned in this class. In this class I learned about different types of technology such as the promethean board, 3d printer, 3d television, etc. I also learned different terms to describe people who use technology such as digital native. 

1 comment:

  1. Good use of a questionnaire: identifying prior knowledge. Not only is this strategy psychologically sound when your goal is to implement projects and activities that reach higher levels of cognition, as you said, it also will avoid unnecessary reteaching. I think your students will enjoy taking the surveys online, particularly if your show the results immediately in that class period.

    ReplyDelete